Welcome Friends! A New Year, a new look with a new name for the blog
with a united social media presence! 

Craftsman style living room with stone fireplace
Remarkable Modern Cottage 

For newbies that probably stumbled onto this with out planning to (Hi! Please stay!We can be friends!)  ... I'm Tracey, design business owner, stager, stylist (+wife mom dog lover cottage lover and so on!) This is a refreshed home design and decor inspired space...but the door is wide open to other stuff too! Keeping it real.

Tracey Jones and Bean Remarkable Interiors white living room
Tracey and Bean 

Remarkable Interiors has kept me really busy over the  past 12 almost 13 years. Whoa. In that time I have grown the business, stretched myself in this design world and really honed into what I love to do and also what doesn't float my boat ( Island girl!) It's a process and one that is fluid. I like that. No boxes to fit into ...this or that... but rather trial and error and an acceptance of all!

I love to write. I should say I love to write casually...as in casual tone. I was not an English major. I started the old blog Room Candy as a way to talk about the non glamorous and picture perfect things that were happening in my design community  ( hands up community projects as an example) along with some DIY that wasn't all that great, and also of course trends and projects. But mostly an outlet to connect directly in that comfy way...nothing formal just ideas and some fun. And then...we got busy...really busy! And that's the good news!
The consequence of that was no writing 
no Room Candy.

Well now I have made the intention to get back at it. Balance the work /life/phone in hand model ...less of the first and last and more of the life part. It is a focused effort and one that I know we all struggle with . Life is hard, and busy and worth every tear. ( coffee, wine ...see below) 

Apolis market bag
Bean in a Bag

The Modern Cottage blog is again a place where I can just hang out. It may not always be perfect...OK it will never be perfect! But I hope it will be authentic . Real life interiors , home decor, interior styling and real estate staging.  Hopefully some more house flipping along the way too. If its inspiring and then I  have succeeded with my intention...if its not well then you can come here and read some swear words and maybe a little about my thing for coffee and wine and my little lake cabin. All the cute dog love too.  Those are what really make me, me! Over at Remarkable Interiors    (new look website coming very soon Oh My! and its BLUSH yay!!!) 
I use the phrase Barefoot Luxury. Yep I love that idea! 

Coffee table floral with tray
Remarkable Modern Cottage 

Thanks for stopping by. I am so glad to connect. Feedback? Bring it on ( I'll only edit if its REALLY horrible lol) But also just stop by to say hi! Want more? Subscribe!

Cheers 
~Tracey
SHARE 0 comments

Add your comment

Love to hear what you think! And don't hesitate to ask questions regarding anything posted here!

© Remarkable Modern Cottage · THEME BY WATDESIGNEXPRESS