Setting a Valentines or Galentines table can be fast and next to free by creatively shopping your home for decor that you already have on hand. I'm all about the blush this year so I grabbed all the pretty pink bits and bobs I had in my decor piles ( I 'd love to say decor closet  but really it's a pile or piles in various spots) and then went to work.


When I set a table it usually starts with A) a color scheme that connects with reason for the event .... seasonal holiday, birthday party person, company etc. And B) what's needed for the meal and how many . Then C) what will I need to buy - if anything . I'm getting to my quota of entertaining "stuff" so I'm really trying to limit what I buy and get creative with what I already have.

Pink Valentines table setting how to
Remarkable Modern Cottage 

As I mentioned its all about the pink right now....and a BONUS! the pink will carry over into Spring and Easter so thats a decor win. For my table I started with the pink linen tablecloth I picked up last year for Easter along with the cotton napkins that match perfectly from World Market . Then to give the table some texture I added two of my Japanese cream linen screen panels I have and have used on many tablescapes! They are wider than a typical runner and add that element of soft and natural over the tablecloth. They are from a country market and have been the best score! I like the runner to drape down over each end of the table so I used two panels.

Pink Valentines table setting with mercury glass candle sticks
Remarkable Modern Cottage 

Working with my intention of simplicity (and what's in the candle stick cabinet )  I grabbed some mercury glass candle sticks ( 2 pairs) and 2 little glass tea lights. This becomes the structure of the table  spread out down the center. I added some faux ranunculus stems ( also from last Easter dinner table ) into my large ginger jar for the center piece. So far all free ...

Remarkable Modern Cottage 
The dish ware was easy too...especially when white works , and lets face it when does white NOT work? Invest in a good set or white dinnerware. It can go from breakfast to holiday dinner table and back for years!  I layered white plates on my old white chargers and tucked the cloth napkin under the dinner plate. At this point I was thinking I needed some color and contemplated buying some cute bowls or heart plates, then ...light bulb moment! Remember in the day the china set we all received...the one in the hutch or packed in a box that never sees the light of day?  Ya that one!! Well guess what Mom, look at me using my china. My pattern (that yes I'm keeping it and my girls have already said no way to )  is traditional Royal Albert Paragon with pink flowers. So that worked well to use the bowls ...and yep still free. Add in the silverware that works great with the mercury glass and my coveted white wine glasses and its pretty much a wrap... fast and... free!
dinnerware and valentines table setting pink
Remarkable Modern Cottage

For the last layers I dug around for some pops of extra greenery and then broke down and bought these mini succulents ( they are actually magnets ) from the dollar store and put them in a mini paper cupcake wrapper . I have a jar of cake sprinkles and decorations so I spread the pink hearts around. The white felt hearts are from a Christmas garland. Done! ( about an hour not counting the trip to the dollar store ) TOTAL COST : 6 x 1.25

Bottom line...you have stuff...work it into or rework work it for your holiday table.
Here's a video of the whole shebang....alittle Adele to get your Valentine heart pounding! The beaded chandy is linked here too- on sale 20% off with code FRIENDS!

Valentines Day table setting
Valentines Tablescape 

Tell me, are you planning a dinner at home for Valentine's Day ? Or a special night out ? Galentines with your ladies? Or a date with the sofa and some Netflix? All good options to me!! I'll be on a plane down to San Diego that evening to see my sweetest little Valentine, Bean (dog)  ...ah and my husband too LOL! We will find a nice taco stand somewhere!

Happy Decorating. Your 💗 says YES!



SHARE 0 comments

Add your comment

Love to hear what you think! And don't hesitate to ask questions regarding anything posted here!

© Remarkable Modern Cottage · THEME BY WATDESIGNEXPRESS